In January of this year I decided to visit a clairvoyant. I was going through a big transition in my life, having been through divorce the previous year and still waiting to sell the marital home where I had lived for the past 21 years. A friend had recommended the clairvoyant to me so I thought, why not?
Although I have visited a few clairvoyants in the past I had always been sceptical. I found that most of the things they told me could easily be deduced. For example, I think a clairvoyant can tell a lot by whether you are wearing a wedding ring, whether there is a mark where a ring used to be, your age group etc.
However, this visit was a completely different experience for me. The way the clairvoyant reacted when I walked into the room, and the things she told me, made me really sit up and take notice. There was no way she could have already known these things.
I deliberately kept my ring finger covered during my visit so that she couldn’t deduce anything from it. Nevertheless, she still knew that I was going through a major change in my life and was moving home. Here’s what else she told me, specifically in relation to my writing:
- I am going to make a big impact through the letter A and will touch people through my words. In the words of the clairvoyant, ‘I have been on a hell of a journey but it has all happened for a reason and everything will start coming together’.
- Autumn, probably October, is when things will start coming together. This will also be when the money starts coming in – phew.
- I will be writing more than one book, probably a series, and October will just be the start of it. Things will go on and on from there and it will be huge.
- I will have links to a city with the initial L, and there will be travel involved.
- Some minor worries may carry on but they should all be sorted by October. I am not to let negative thoughts get in the way.
- I find my writing cathartic and put a lot of myself into my work. My writing comes from the heart and I need to make sure it always does.
So, here’s my take on what the clairvoyant told me in relation to the above points:
- The main character in the trilogy I am currently working on is called Adele. Yes, I’ve definitely been on a hell of a journey, not only with the divorce but with so much of my life. I believe that many authors put their lives’ experiences into their work and for me this is my biggest influence.
- The end of October will be my first pay day with my publishers. My first book with them was published on 1st July and they pay on 90 days’ terms, none of which my clairvoyant knew beforehand. Additionally, sales of my other books rose after the publication of Born Bad. Prior to that my sales had gone down to around half a dozen books a day but, thanks to the pick-up in sales, the end of October will see an increase in my income from The Riverhill Trilogy.
- I had already been commissioned to write a trilogy before I went to see the clairvoyant but, again, she wasn’t aware of this.
- I wonder if this relates to the fact that my publishers are based in London.
- When it comes to worrying and negative thoughts I am the world’s worst. However, thankfully things are starting to come together and I also hope to complete on the house sale next month.
- Yes, I think I’m an emotional writer. The first part of Born Bad was loosely based on memories from my childhood. However, I wish to point out by way of a disclaimer that what happens later in the book in no way reflects any wish or desire on my part. It is simply down to my overactive imagination running riot.
The visit to the clairvoyant was a real eye opener for me and it has certainly changed my views on clairvoyants. In fact, I’m thinking of booking a return visit at the beginning of next year.
4 thoughts on “My Visit to a Clairvoyant”
Visiting the clairvoyant was evidently quite an experience Heather. Hope everything goes according to plan with the house sale. I know the UK housing market has been struggling of late, so you have done well to find someone. Pleased to hear that your books are thriving. I am looking forward to the sequel to ‘Born Bad’.
Thank you, Guy. Good luck also with your latest wip. 🙂
Brilliant enjoyed the read, I am actually a clairvoyant also tarot and angel card reader. Good luck sir.
Thank you for your interest and for visiting my blog.