Thanks to Roz and Patty for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’m honoured that they chose me for this award, and I’m certainly in good company. Roz and Patty are a writing duo with four books to their credit. You can find out more about them and their books at their blog: Roz and Patty Write.
Here are the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
• Thank the person that nominated you and link back to that blog. Click here to check out the Roz and Patty Write blog.
• Share seven things about yourself – see below.
• Nominate 15 bloggers you admire – also listed below.
• Contact your bloggers to let them know you’ve tagged them for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD – done.
I would like to add that I don’t want anyone to feel obliged to upload a post if they’re stuck for time. I know how busy authors can be. So, even if you can’t join in, I wanted to show appreciation for the quality of your blog content and recommend your blog to others. I read a lot of blogs, but as I’m often pushed for time I click the like button more often than I leave a comment. However, my Gravatar is temperamental so my ‘like’ doesn’t always register on whichever blog I’ve visited. This award therefore gives me a chance to share some of my favourite blogs.
Seven Things about Me
1) I run a writing services business (called Diane Mannion Writing Services so no points for originality there), and I also write books. My first two books were non-fiction parenting books but I’m currently making the transition into fiction. This will start with the release of my debut novel Slur in the next few weeks.
2) I was born an only girl with four brothers. Unfortunately, my oldest brother died suddenly in May at age 53 so I’m now left with three brothers.
3) I have lived in Manchester all my life. During my lifetime the city has gone through many phases and events including Madchester, Gunchester, the IRA bombing, the Moss Side Riots and the Strangeways Riots. I will be featuring some of these in my novels.
4) I enjoy reading, writing, theatre, dining out, walks and visiting castles and cathedrals. I also go swimming and to the gym but more out of a sense of duty.
5) I love sushi, cheesecake, Irish coffee, cappuccino, and Mullerlite toffee yoghurts, hence the gym and swimming on three counts out of five.
6) I ran for my school in the East Manchester Championships at Belle Vue, but unfortunately nerves got the better of me and I came third out of four.
7) I’m a bit of a mummy bore I’m afraid. I adore my two kids who are now 17 and 19 (20 in a couple of weeks). If you use Twitter, or Facebook in particular, you’ll probably see my posts boasting about their achievements.
My Blog Nominees
Georgia Rose Books
Jack Lockwood Diaries
Best Dad I Can Be
Reading and Writing
Paula Reed Nancarrow
15 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Thanks so much for the recommendation, Diane, much appreciated! I MAY get round to this, I am not sure; I can think of many blogs I would like to spread the word about, too. Looking forward to seeing what Slur is all about!
You’re welcome. I hope you can join in. I’m in the thick of it with the launch prep for Slur at the moment and, typical, I’ve got some kind of bug that won’t go away. I’m dosing up on Metatone at the moment so I’ll have plenty of energy for the big day. 🙂
Thank you for nominating me, Diane. I’m up for doing this! I have a revision deadline for September 20th…MPWB going audiobook, but I will make this a priority after the 20th. Let me know when you Launch SLUR, and I will tweet like it’s my day job😎
You’re welcome Taylor. I’m waiting for my print proof at the moment so I hope everything is OK with that. Then I can hopefully complete the process and fix my launch date. Thanks for your offer of tweeting and good luck with your audiobook. Let me know when it goes live and I’ll return the favour. 🙂
Diane – I’m way behind on a couple of blog award nominations, I’m afraid – including one from Roz and Patty. But I am grateful for yours. I expect I will be combining all my blogligations into one post in the near future, and recognizing those who nominated me for them. Then I need to find a way to alert people to blogs I love that better fits into my blogging and day job schedule. Speaking of which, when Taylor says she’ll tweet something up like it’s her day job – she means it!
Thanks for your response Paula. It says a lot for your blog content that you are receiving so many nominations. I’ll look out for future posts. 🙂
Thank you Diane for nominating me, that is so kind of you. I am on holiday at the moment and when I get back I will have a very busy schedule so I’m not sure I’ll be able to take part in the One Lovely Blog Award.
It’s been so interesting to read about you and getting to know you better. I am so sorry you lost a brother early this year, I can’t imagine how painful that must have been.
I’ve never been to Manchester, I’d like to visit that city one day, and when I do, I’ll certainly organize a coffee/chat with you. I’m sure we’ll have lots to talk about. I’m curious to hear how you’re finding the transition from writing non-fiction to fiction. Your opening chapter of Slur is really captivating, well done you!
It’s a pity you won’t be able to take part Martina but thanks for popping over to the blog and leaving some lovely comments.
Yes, it was a complete shock losing my brother and has been a difficult time.
It would be lovely to get together if you ever visit Manchester.
I’m glad you enjoyed the opening chapter of Slur. Have a great time on your holidays. I hope you are somewhere nice and sunny as the weather in Manchester at the moment is drab. 🙂
Hi Diane, many thanks for nominating me here I really appreciate it and will try to put up a post in the nearish future but as you know I am also deep in the process of finishing off book 2 so that’s the priority at the moment. You have my full support for the launch of Slur – I’m so looking forward to reading it 🙂 It’s lovely to find out a bit more about you too! Hope you get rid of the bug and are feeling better soon 🙂
Georgia, you’re welcome and it’s well deserved. I hope that things are going well with book two. Thanks for your offer of support with Slur. Likewise I’ll help in any way I can with your second book.
I just found out that the bug is, in fact, a throat infection. At least that means that I’m on anti-biotics now so hopefully I’ll soon be on top form and have my energy levels restored in time for the launch. 🙂
Thank you so much for nominating me Diane. I won’t be able to participate unfortunately as I only blog on a Friday, and my post has already been written. I look forward to checking out some of the other blogs that you nominated. Not long to go now until the launch day for Slur. I also love sushi, but can’t stand cheesecake. Sorry to hear about your brother.
Thanks for your comment Guy. I had a feeling that you wouldn’t be participating. However, I wanted to nominate your blog anyway as I find it entertaining and informative so I wanted to share it with others. 🙂
Very interesting list, Diane! Many thanks for thinking of my blog – I’m hoping to mention it very soon on mine, in some way or another!
Thanks for your comment Ros. I’ve enjoyed reading your blog and hope you can join in. 🙂
Pingback: 7 Facts – One Lovely Blog Award | Georgia Rose Books