Thanks to Roz and Patty for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’m honoured that they chose me for this award, and I’m certainly in good company. Roz and Patty are a writing duo with four books to their credit. You can find out more about them and their books at their blog: Roz and Patty Write.
Here are the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
• Thank the person that nominated you and link back to that blog. Click here to check out the Roz and Patty Write blog.
• Share seven things about yourself – see below.
• Nominate 15 bloggers you admire – also listed below.
• Contact your bloggers to let them know you’ve tagged them for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD – done.
I would like to add that I don’t want anyone to feel obliged to upload a post if they’re stuck for time. I know how busy authors can be. So, even if you can’t join in, I wanted to show appreciation for the quality of your blog content and recommend your blog to others. I read a lot of blogs, but as I’m often pushed for time I click the like button more often than I leave a comment. However, my Gravatar is temperamental so my ‘like’ doesn’t always register on whichever blog I’ve visited. This award therefore gives me a chance to share some of my favourite blogs.
Seven Things about Me
1) I run a writing services business (called Diane Mannion Writing Services so no points for originality there), and I also write books. My first two books were non-fiction parenting books but I’m currently making the transition into fiction. This will start with the release of my debut novel Slur in the next few weeks.
2) I was born an only girl with four brothers. Unfortunately, my oldest brother died suddenly in May at age 53 so I’m now left with three brothers.
3) I have lived in Manchester all my life. During my lifetime the city has gone through many phases and events including Madchester, Gunchester, the IRA bombing, the Moss Side Riots and the Strangeways Riots. I will be featuring some of these in my novels.
4) I enjoy reading, writing, theatre, dining out, walks and visiting castles and cathedrals. I also go swimming and to the gym but more out of a sense of duty.
5) I love sushi, cheesecake, Irish coffee, cappuccino, and Mullerlite toffee yoghurts, hence the gym and swimming on three counts out of five.
6) I ran for my school in the East Manchester Championships at Belle Vue, but unfortunately nerves got the better of me and I came third out of four.
7) I’m a bit of a mummy bore I’m afraid. I adore my two kids who are now 17 and 19 (20 in a couple of weeks). If you use Twitter, or Facebook in particular, you’ll probably see my posts boasting about their achievements.
My Blog Nominees
Georgia Rose Books
Jack Lockwood Diaries
Best Dad I Can Be
Reading and Writing
Paula Reed Nancarrow