I am now pleased to announce the winners of our Literary Quiz and our General Knowledge Quiz. The winner of the Literary Quiz is Tracey Poulter and the winner of the General Knowledge Quiz is Sara Goodman.
Congratulations to our two winners! Tracey will receive a bundle of five signed books by talented authors and Sara will receive a £25 John Lewis voucher.
In case you’re curious, here are the answers to both quizzes:
- Gerald Croft.
- District 12.
- To call an assembly, and to denote who can speak at that assembly.
- Uncle Nick.
- London and Paris.
- The Russian Revolution and the resulting totalitarian state under Stalin.
- Nicci Gerrard and Sean French.
- Northanger Abbey.
- Bletchley Park.
- He killed his brother in a jealous rage.
- “The Luminaries” by Eleanor Catton (score half a point each).
- William Shakespeare.
- Thunder Child.
- Commentarii de Bello Gallico or Caesar’s Gaelic Wars or The Conquest of Gaul.
General Knowledge Quiz
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
- Lea Michelle.
- The anus.
- Ramsay McDonald.
- Joseph Goebbels.
- Dolly Parton.
- Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook and Stephen Morris were members of both groups.
- David Lloyd George.
- Silver Linings Playbook.
- The Median Nerve.
- 720 degrees.
- On your feet.
- It is the right to retain another person’s property until they pay their debt to you.
I would like to say a big thank you to all those who took part.