I am now pleased to announce the winners of our Literary Quiz and our General Knowledge Quiz. The winner of the Literary Quiz is Tracey Poulter and the winner of the General Knowledge Quiz is Sara Goodman.
Congratulations to our two winners! Tracey will receive a bundle of five signed books by talented authors and Sara will receive a £25 John Lewis voucher.
In case you’re curious, here are the answers to both quizzes:
- Gerald Croft.
- District 12.
- To call an assembly, and to denote who can speak at that assembly.
- Uncle Nick.
- London and Paris.
- The Russian Revolution and the resulting totalitarian state under Stalin.
- Nicci Gerrard and Sean French.
- Northanger Abbey.
- Bletchley Park.
- He killed his brother in a jealous rage.
- “The Luminaries” by Eleanor Catton (score half a point each).
- William Shakespeare.
- Thunder Child.
- Commentarii de Bello Gallico or Caesar’s Gaelic Wars or The Conquest of Gaul.
General Knowledge Quiz
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
- Lea Michelle.
- The anus.
- Ramsay McDonald.
- Joseph Goebbels.
- Dolly Parton.
- Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook and Stephen Morris were members of both groups.
- David Lloyd George.
- Silver Linings Playbook.
- The Median Nerve.
- 720 degrees.
- On your feet.
- It is the right to retain another person’s property until they pay their debt to you.
I would like to say a big thank you to all those who took part.
Congratulations to the winner of our Meet the Author Quiz who is Guy Portman. He has won a signed print copy of SLUR (http://viewbook.at/Slur) together with signed print copies of my other publications, Kids’ Clubs and Organizations: viewBook.at/KidsClubs and Great Places for Kids’ Parties: viewBook.at/KidsParties plus a £10 gift voucher. We’ll be sending our bundle of prizes out in the post.
If you weren’t the lucky winner, don’t forget that you can still buy a print or Kindle version of SLUR at: http://viewbook.at/Slur and can download a free app that enables you to read the Kindle version on your computer, tablet or smart phone here. In fact, you’ll need a version of SLUR to be in with a chance of winning a £50 gift voucher and signed print copies of all my books in our SLUR Big Prize Quiz at the end of today.
In case you’re wondering what the answers were, here they are:
- My ears.
- My shoe – it slipped off whilst I was boarding the train.
- Once in manual, then I gave up because I absolutely hated it. I returned to learning to drive years later but automatic only and sat my test a further three times, so four times altogether. Driving is most definitely not my favourite thing.
- Three – first year, third year and fourth year juniors.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- Diane Mannion Writing Services.
- It was about my late mother. It was back in August 2013 when I hadn’t had my WordPress blog long – here’s the link: https://dianewriting.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/why-i-dont-write-poetry-anymore/.
- A 20 year old boy and a 17 year old girl.
Staying in Touch
Here’s a little reminder of some of the ways in which you can stay in touch with me or find out more about my work:
Check out my Amazon author page, which lists all my books including SLUR: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diane-Mannion/e/B008MX8LD0 in the UK or http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Mannion/e/B008MX8LD0/ in the US.
Sign up to my mailing list at: http://eepurl.com/CP6YP and be the first to find out about new releases and special offers on my books. N.B. I use my mailing list solely for this purpose and will never share your details with any third parties.
Follow the blog to find out what I’m working on and get tips and information about the writing world in general. Just click follow in the box to the right of this screen.
Like my page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DianeMannionWritingServices.
Follow me on Twitter: @dydywriter.
Find me on Goodreads by searching for author Diane Mannion.
Connect with me on Google+ by searching for Diane Mannion.